The other day I was craving something hardy with bacon and cheese. So I decided to play around with my meatloaf recipe that I have created a few years ago.
Remember if you enjoy my recipes you may purchase my cookbooks, baking books, e-cookbooks and e-baking books through
Great sales are always happening…
It wasn’t long before I came up with Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Balls and they turned out wonderful. It wasn’t difficult to make, perhaps it was harder to wait for this golden brown jewels to bake while the scent of bacon and meatloaf filling my kitchen.
- 100 grams of Swiss Cheese, grated (or any cheese you like)
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs (add a little more if not firm enough)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 bouquet of parsley (chop very small)
- 2 eggs
- 500 grams of ground pork
- 7 strips of bacon, cut in half (use half for each ball)
- 1 well rounded tsp of hot chili pepper flakes
- 1 spring of fresh thyme, only the leaves (if you don’t have fresh leave out as dry is too strong)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp caraway seeds
Place everything, except bacon into a large mixing bowl and work together well by hand. Form small, apricot size balls and wrap each in half a slice of bacon. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Make sure that your baking sheet is not too shallow because there will be a lot of grease coming out of the bacon.
Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Use my photos as guide.
FOR MORE FREE RECIPES AND TO PURCHASE COOKBOOKS VISIT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SITES