I have already shared two of my favorite soups when you wish to shed a few pounds, especially right before Valentine’s Day. Who wouldn’t want to impress everyone in that little black dress?
Well, I’m no exception. These mouth-watering recipes will never let your family guess that they are dieting.
Remember if you enjoy my recipes you may purchase my cookbooks, baking books, e-cookbooks and e-baking books through
Great sales are always happening…
It’s rustic goodness in a bowl. Or as my daughter calls these soups (Zucchini Soup, Cabbage Soup and the Peasant Cabbage Soup) multivitamin in a bowl. Yes, these soups are not only tasty but good for you as well. Full of vitamins, minerals and nutrition.
- 1/2 green cabbage, shredded or sliced
- 1 spring of oregano (or 1/2 tsp dry)
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled, sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled, sliced into rustic wedges
- 1 large bell pepper (any color), cored, sliced into rustic strips (wider then normal)
- 1 large carrot, peeled, sliced
- 10 springs of cilantro, roughly cut
- 2 springs of parsley, roughly cut
- 1 stick of celery, sliced (including leaves)
- 1 slice of celery root, peeled, sliced
- 1 parsnip, peeled, sliced
- 1 beet, peeled, sliced (you may use plastic cloves to avoid staining skin)
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 2 springs of thyme (or 1/2 tsp dry)
- 10 coriander seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chipotle pepper flakes (optional, but it’s smoky goodness is wonderful in dishes)
Place all of the above into a large stockpot; add 10 cups of water and cook on medium low heat for 40-45 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt in the middle of each soup portion. Wonderful with soup cream if you are not on a diet. Remember sour cream is wonderful but has a lot of calories.